ASSISTANT TO THE LEAD PASTOR
Kessid Church has an open position for a full-time Assistant to the Lead Pastor, Danny Clinton. Kessid is a non-denominational, Christian church that believes in having a loving community with high regard for emotional health. Our team is fun, caring, and hardworking. We love Jesus and we love each other! At Kessid we strive to have a culture of honor, vulnerability, and authenticity.
Your job would be to work closely with and alongside Pastor Danny, bringing administrative clarity, efficiency, and structure to his various needs and responsibilities.
- Monday – Wednesday: 9-5pm
- Thursday: 12-8pm (We have a Thursday evening service.)
- Sunday: 8am – 1pm (We have two Sunday morning services.)
Our Ideal Candidate Will Be…
- Will have the desire to work in a ministry-focused, faith-based environment.
- Highly detail-oriented, someone who loves organizing the minutiae!
- Able to help manage multiple projects and tasks, set personal deadlines, and be aware of upcoming events/dates.
- Able to communicate information clearly and sufficiently with the staff and/or specific team as needed.
- Able to work effectively in both an independent and team setting.
- Able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality, as you will have access to the Lead Pastor’s personal information and private information from congregational members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Sheets.
Mid-Week Responsibilities Include…
- Attend and take thorough notes at weekly Programming meetings (this is where we discuss the upcoming weekend services.)
- Schedule, attend, and take notes during various meetings with individual staff members and/or ministries.
- Help research for sermon prep, upcoming projects, etc. as assigned.
- Coordinate with Pastor Danny, any and all meetings/requests made for coffees, dinners, meetings, etc.
- Keep staff office stocked with water and coffee options for meetings and guests.
- Coordinate any needed travel arrangements for Pastor Danny (conferences, retreats, etc.)
- Weddings & Memorials:
- Coordinate requests to officiate
- Schedule various needed meetings
- Manage Lead Pastor’s calendar:
- Be mindful of scheduled meetings and standing appointments
- Utilize open areas to schedule needed coffees and requested time
- Help keep appointments prompt – alerting to when time is ending and/or when the next meeting has arrived
- Balance budgets and submit expense reports (monthly)
- Organize and submit receipts (monthly)
- Plan, coordinate, and order needed meals or beverages for scheduled team meetings.
- Various duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Begins at $16.50 per hour, and can go up based on experience.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan