- Our office move is complete! All the staff is back together again in our new building. Thank you to our Office Manager, Monty Wade, who helped coordinate this endeavor, and thank you to all the volunteers who helped pack, load, and unload all our gear and furniture! This was no small feat and we couldn’t have done it without you. We also want to thank our volunteers who helped get our internet up and running throughout the building (which we really couldn’t have done without you)!
- The Downtown Advisory Committee has currently met two times and will continue to meet on a regular basis. Their purpose is to provide recommendations, be an extra set of eyes, and act as a sounding board for the elders about the project. As we talked about last update, the head of our Advisory Committee is one of our Kessid Elders, Dean Jenks. If you have any questions about the progress of the building project you can email Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We had a meeting with the architects this week that went well. We are still working on getting the building plans up to 100%.
Like the last update, please be praying for the following:
- Favor with our lenders in our financing process!
- Currently, we do not have sprinklers in our building, but we may need to put them in during our remodel. This cost could exceed $100,000. We ask that you please pray for God’s will and provision in this area.
- Favor with the City of Vancouver as we prepare to submit plans for permitting.
New to pray for:
- Please be praying for our architect and contractor; that God would give them wisdom and guidance for this process to go as smooth and quickly as possible.